Saturday, August 23, 2008

Vacation Knitting



Part of the fun of driving to a vacation is being able to knit en route. (The photo is from the amusement park at Ocean City. Miles of boardwalk to bike on, tons of arcades to waste, um I mean, spend money in, minigolf, food, and the ocean.) I discovered this great pattern from loop-d-loop which had a lace leaf patttern in it. However, the sweater itself was too bulky and fitted (shouldn't bulky be loose?) plus the designer insisted on making you graft the front together in two sections which didn't make sense to me. So I robbed the lace leaf motif and put it on a cardigan pattern I have. It's the first time I've done any sort of open work and it looks very cool. The sleeves have some sort of yarn over ladder effect that I'm having trouble with, but hopefully it will come.

Two writers at the beach means we spent most of our time not relaxing, as my mother urges, but running around in ceaseless activity. So now, of course, it's hard to sit quietly at my desk and get back to my novel.

Caroline Leavitt

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Caroline, I'm so glad you're here. Were you close enough to AC/Marlton to see the air show? It was my first (I went unwillingly) but it won't be my last. Who knew crazy fast planes were so exciting??

9:44 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Barbaraf: One of my favorite old black-and-white movies is "Test Pilot" with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert.

Welcome, Caroline! You'll have to show us a picture when your sweater is done.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Ack! That should have been Barbara. Without the"f."

10:36 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Caroline, welcome to the blog! It's great to have you here. We look forward to hearing all about your knitting and writing projects.

I'm hoping you'll give us a short bio at some point because I'd love to learn more about you!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home