Thursday, July 10, 2008

Winner #10

Please excuse me. I have no brain. (And apparently no social skills.) I have been spending way too much time with my imaginary friends and not enough time with actual human people. I babbled like an idiot at the poor new mail carrier today. I heard this stream of gibberish spilling out and I actually started blushing as soon as the sounds hit the air waves. I wanted to suck them back in like those strands of spaghetti Lady and Tramp shared but it was too late. They were out there and I was a dead woman.

"Oh, what's that? You didn't ask how my summer was? That's okay because I'm not a summer person I'm an autumn person . . . oh, you didn't ask that either? You just wanted me to sign for that box . . . okay . . . boy am I feeling stupid . . . it must be summer . . . not my favorite month . . . wait . . . summer's not a month . . . it's a season . . . I probably should just go in now and crawl under the bed."

Unfortunately that's close to verbatim. I'm telling you I could hear the words before they came out. I knew they were stupid. And I still couldn't stop them! I swear they had a life of their own. And probably evil intent as well.

The poor guy is going to be afraid to deliver to this house from now on and I don't blame him.

On a happier note, here's winner #10:


Look for my email, Gladys. I'll need your snail mail address. Congratulations!!


Blogger Julie said...

Oh my gosh, that's too funny! I'm sure neither you nor the postal carrier thought so, but it certainly gave me a giggle :)

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Cathy said...

It could be worse. Ms. Violet (of Lime & Violet podcast) managed to inadvertantly moon the UPS man twice. :)

9:34 AM  
Anonymous sydney said...

LOL! Our mail carrier is used to me babbling at him, and I can't even blame my imaginary friends. :) There's just something about people showing up at the door that turns my brain to much. Congrats to Gladys!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, that's not SO bad! I tend to do that kind of thing on a daily basis!


8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home