Thursday, July 10, 2008

Winner #10

Please excuse me. I have no brain. (And apparently no social skills.) I have been spending way too much time with my imaginary friends and not enough time with actual human people. I babbled like an idiot at the poor new mail carrier today. I heard this stream of gibberish spilling out and I actually started blushing as soon as the sounds hit the air waves. I wanted to suck them back in like those strands of spaghetti Lady and Tramp shared but it was too late. They were out there and I was a dead woman.

"Oh, what's that? You didn't ask how my summer was? That's okay because I'm not a summer person I'm an autumn person . . . oh, you didn't ask that either? You just wanted me to sign for that box . . . okay . . . boy am I feeling stupid . . . it must be summer . . . not my favorite month . . . wait . . . summer's not a month . . . it's a season . . . I probably should just go in now and crawl under the bed."

Unfortunately that's close to verbatim. I'm telling you I could hear the words before they came out. I knew they were stupid. And I still couldn't stop them! I swear they had a life of their own. And probably evil intent as well.

The poor guy is going to be afraid to deliver to this house from now on and I don't blame him.

On a happier note, here's winner #10:

Gladys!

Look for my email, Gladys. I'll need your snail mail address. Congratulations!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that's too funny! I'm sure neither you nor the postal carrier thought so, but it certainly gave me a giggle :)

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could be worse. Ms. Violet (of Lime & Violet podcast) managed to inadvertantly moon the UPS man twice. :)

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Our mail carrier is used to me babbling at him, and I can't even blame my imaginary friends. :) There's just something about people showing up at the door that turns my brain to much. Congrats to Gladys!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, that's not SO bad! I tend to do that kind of thing on a daily basis!

Stacy

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home