Monday, September 24, 2007

October Is Sock Yarnapalooza Month!


I didn't forget! October is almost here and that means it's time for our first Sock Yarnaplooza Celebration. I know there are all sorts of sock-a-longs going on out there. Some of you might remember we had our own Sock Hop last October.

Our Sock Hop was a freestyle knitalong with no rules and little structure. (Perfect for a group of writers under deadline!) Knitting socks? Feel like sharing your sock dramas and photos? We'd love to have you.

What was I saying about the Sock Yarnapalooza? I'll be giving away sock yarn every day in October and if you want to put your name into the mix, send me an email at wickedsplitty with SOCK YARN as the subject and I'll make sure you're included.

But there's a catch. A small one, but a catch just the same: if you win some sock yarn, I hope you'll share photos of what that sock yarn grew up to be.

That's it! Now send me an email, okay?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, no. Not another yarnapalooza. =) How are you going to manage to type that daily for a month again?

Also, a side note: the luscious Spunky Eclectic sock yarn you sent me for the last Yarnapalooza can be seen in this link, down near the bottom. It's knitting up fantastically.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Socks again?!?! I don't know about this....

Although I think I mentioned that I was watching a customer at my LYS knitting socks on circular needles and thought, "Well, maybe I could do that." But I'm still reduced to a quivering mass of nerves when I remember my experience with socks last October.

3:20 PM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

Alas, I have no camera!

I hope you have another successful Yarnapalooza, though!

12:54 AM  
Blogger georg said...

I finally cast on a sock with the Sock It To Me yarn I won last year. The toe is very ugly, but I am continuing anyway. (yes, I knit toe up)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home