Sunday, September 23, 2007

FO Alert: Red Scarf and Snowflake Sock #1



Two completions (almost) to report. My Red Scarf Project "Felicity" scarf is finished and looking kinda nice, if I do say so myself. Now I'm wondering if I have time to make a second one before the deadline.


And, drum roll, Snowflake Sock #1 came off the needles last night. I haven't done any finishing yet of any kind (lots of yarn ends, spots I want to duplicate stitch for clarity) but it's a real sock now and I'm delighted. I'll tell you the weird spots after I see if they occur on sock #2 as well.


(The Red Scarf is the Kata/Felicity scarf from Tara Jon Manning's MINDFUL KNITTING. The Snowflake Sock is from the current Interweave Knits.)


More news later.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS sock - GORGEOUS!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

The scarf and the sock are both absolutely gorgeous!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Dallas Schulze said...

Pretty scarf, gorgeous sock. I am so impressed!

9:43 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

AWESOME! That sock is gorgeous Barbara--bravo!!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must....Knit.....Sock.....

No! Not until I finish the cabled ones for SIL's birthday in two days! Maybe she'll get snowflake ones for Christmas.....

9:24 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Barbara, that sock is breath-taking. I literally gasped in admiration when I saw it.

I adore the scarf too--esp. since I own a fabulous pair of socks in that same festive yarn. :-)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home