Sunday, September 23, 2007

Janin's (Beautiful) Dishcloth


This just in from Janin. (Janin lives in Hamburg, Germany--a fact that absolutely thrills me. I love the fact that we're read by so many knitters in so many different places.)

Here's what she had to say: I used the pattern that was on the ball band since I had another ball of yarn in a matching green color. Quite a fun and easy to memorize pattern too. It only took an hour or two, the perfect traveling project :-)

Thanks for sharing, Janin! It's gorgeous. (And I'm hanging my head in shame . . . )

3 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

Lovely cloth Janin! I like the color combo and the stitch pattern.
Kim

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara,
You, too, could have made washcloths like this--you just needed a solid to go with the multicolored yarn. White or cream goes well, unless there's a ton of either in your multi. Then go with a coordinating solid (but not one actually found in the multi). Use the solid as the "grout" between the multi "bricks." Works pretty much every time.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I love this pattern! Janin, your color choices remind me of a cool, tart refreshing summer drink. Beautiful!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home