Tuesday, July 03, 2007

KURE-all

Oh, isn't that just the cleverest headline? LOL!

How about I draw for a winner on July 11 (7 come 11!) for these three balls of Noro Kureyon, color 92. One is missing its wrapper but they're all the same color. Send an email to Fran AT FranBaker DOT com, with Contest in the subject line.

Now while I'm yammering on ... do you want to hear something fun? I'm going to New York to try out for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire! This is on my list of "Things To Do Before I Die" list. Wish me luck! I leave for NY on July 19 and audition on July 20. I'll report back on the process when I return.

How about y'all? Any special thing you want to do while you're still around?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Fran, I have fingers and toes crossed for your WWTBAM try-out! It would be so cool if you made it onto the show and even cooler if you won a million bucks! You go, girl!

As for me, Niagara Falls was on my list of places to see before I die and now I can check that one off. It was definitely worth the trip.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fran, how exciting. Best of luck. Hope you are on your way to being a millionaire.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Wow, Fran! What a neat thing to be doing! You'll have to let us know how you do so we can watch you on the show!!
I think just trying out would be a fun experience.

6:31 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

I would love to watch you on the program...way cool! As for one of the things I would like to do before I die...that would include a family vacation to the Black Hills.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck. I want to do some traveling. I want to go to Ireland and Scotland. :~)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Fran, your WWTBAM news is beyond exciting. I tried to get on during the Regis Philbin days; made it through the phone quiz but never get the call to move beyond that. I'm green with envy! (I tried out for Jeopardy back in 1972 when I was 22. Passed the initial tests, the interview, but screwed up one of the last elimination quizes. Q: Elmo Lincoln. A: Who was the first Tarzan? I'll NEVER forget it. (BTW, back in those days you had only one shot to get on Jeopardy. They photographed youand took your Soc Security # to make sure you didn't reapply.)

10:51 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Good luck at the audition. I would cross my fingers, but that makes it too hard to knit, I will cross my toes instead. I want to go to Alaska I want to see the Northern Lights and I want to live in the Mountains again.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

Good luck to you!
I would love to be on a tv game show!

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home