Monday, July 02, 2007

The Argyle Laptop


Meet Elizabeth. I've named only one other laptop in my life (Cleo, 2003-2006; may she RIP) (okay, so maybe I did refer to one other as Baby; it was a fleeting thing) but the second I applied the pink argyle skin to her shiny silvery surface I knew Dell Inspiron 1505 was Elizabeth. Nickname: EZ.

Yes, in honor of Elizabeth Zimmerman, goddess of all things knitting. To me the most fascinating thing about Elizabeth Zimmerman wasn't only that she could knit like a dream, but the fact that she was also a brilliant writer, an incredibly gifted artist, and the kind of mother any woman would wish to be . . . or to call her own. Strong, gutsy, funny, a tiny bit fey, bursting with ideas and the ambition to follow where they beckoned.

If I can tap into even a tiny fraction of the real EZ's spirit when I sit down to work at the Pink Argyle EZ, I'll be one very happy knitting writer.

Or is it writing knitter . . . I'm never quite sure.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Personalizing your laptop is a great idea! I don't have a laptop--YET!! I've never heard of the skins. Where do you get them? Since I have plans to get a laptop sometime this year hopefully, personalizing (and maybe even naming, lol) my laptop appeals to me.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home