Monday, June 25, 2007

Say Hallelujah!


Let me say it again: The Step Socks are done. Finished. Completed. Ends woven in, little bobbles corrected. They are now happily residing on Goldisox's (big) feet where they will live in splendor, harmony, and lanolin/jojoba comfort for eternity.

They'd better because I'm never going to knit another #*@(!! sock again as long as I live. That's it for socks. Socks are the devil's workshop. Socks exist only to make middle-aged NJ romance-writing knitters barking mad.

These socks almost broke my spirit, along with my Addi Turbos.

And don't you even whisper the words, "Hey, Bretton! They don't match," because I know they don't match. I don't do matching socks. The day I attempt matching socks is the day you can reserve a lovely room for me in one of those places where the walls are softly padded and everyone whispers.

But right now I'm not whispering, I'm yelling at the top of my lungs, "The Step Socks are finished! The Step Socks are finished!"

Say hallelujah!


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! And don't worry--most of my socks are fraternal, rather than identical. And no one has said anything. And if they did, they deserve to be kicked int he face. ;)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Saren Johnson said...

Congrats!! They look great. Us sock knitters know, you're saying no more socks, but you'll be back.

9:53 AM  
Blogger dobarah said...

Congratulations! I must say, my first pair of socks was with a 6 ply yarn...which made the whole thing go much faster. I am in awe of your enthusiasm for beginning with the smaller needles!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Hallelujah!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Congrats. They look wonderful and appear to be a perfect fit.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Knitterary said...

Hallelujah!

They look great.

10:59 AM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Woo hoo! Finished at last! I do not, however, believe that you're done with socks forever. No way.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! They look wonderful and I'm sure they will be much loved. No socks huh, we'll see. :~)
There are tricks to matching socks but I normally don't worry to much about them.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hallelujah! Hmm...I'm guessing you worked from both ends of the ball of yarn, judging from the stripe patterns. But I won't tell anyone that's why they don't match ;-)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

congrats!
I like when they don't match. I am working on a pair that are complete opposites now.

1:43 PM  
Blogger georg said...

I'll be happy to take any forsaken sock yarn off your hands. ;)

Congrats!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I think those socks are absolutely amazing! The non-matching thing makes them even cooler.

Hah! I see you've finally joined the anti-sock camp. Welcome to the dark side!

Any other sock-haters out there? C'mon, I'm recruiting!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Socks have always taken a while for me to knit. I pick them up, knit a bit, put them down and go on to another knitting project. Eventually I get them done.
I can't say I've knit a lot of socks, but I am now totally 100 percent addicted, and I can tell you why.
I FINALLY stopped giving them away and one day, when I couldn't find a clean non-holey pair of socks, I decided to put on a pair that I had made that I had NOT made for myself.
Well, everyone else is now TOTALLy out of luck because my feet need hand knit socks. So if you are like me and have never worn your own handknit socks, put on a pair and you will want to knit more. Or at least, your feet will want you to!!!
And by the way, my socks are fraternal also!! Gives my feet character! lol

3:18 PM  
Blogger Debbie St.Amand said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I made those socks! I mean, I made socks that look almost exactly like them! I had to go get one of mine to be sure, but it's uncanny!

Debbie St.Amand

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home