Wednesday, April 18, 2007

No knitting during this game!

I was planning to blog about knitting but I never got around to it because I was too tense during the Devils game. I was afraid I'd completely mess up anything I attempted.

The Devils won 4-3 in "sudden death" overtime! Wooowhee, what a game!

Even though I was sitting on my family room couch, I wore my favorite Devils hat and my leather Devils jacket because my guys needed all the help they could get. By the time the game was over, I was sweating, but it was worth it. They played like madmen and they triumphed.

My flooded basement has faded into insignificance.

Does anyone else on this blog have certain rituals or wear certain clothes to help their team win or am I the only crazy person?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitterary said...

I am very ashamed ;) to report that I wear the same raggedy raglan jersey every Saturday during college football season. Not sure it helps the team, but I wear it just the same.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Okay, Knitterary, so we're both crazy but in a GOOD way. :-)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Nothing major, but when I'm hoping against hope for a good play, or a win, or something, I'll cross the two littlest fingers on my left hand. This has the benefit of not being obvious crazy, but the downside of making it very difficult to knit with anything resembling my normal speed or tension... :)

~Nicole

5:28 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

LOL, Nicole! I think I'm going to try that the next time I can't wear full Devils regalia.

6:24 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Personally, no.....but I live with a guy who wears the same U of Iowa shirt every Saturday all fall so his Hawkeyes will win.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home