Thursday, April 12, 2007

Almost FO: Nicholas' Bib

My nephew Nicholas is being baptized next weekend so, in the interest of family harmony, I had to knit him a bib since I made one for his older cousin Jesse. Here's the almost-finished project; I still have a few ends to weave in and some blocking to do (or not).



This time I made my stripes narrower so I wouldn't have to run a contrasting color up so many rows--and thanks to the great advice I got on this blog, my edges look much neater this time around.

I also found a great buttonhole method online. You all probably already know how to make the Perfect One-Row Buttonhole but just in case there are other button-novices out there in blogland, here's the link: http://www.knittingonthenet.com/learn/bh5.htm .



This is my favorite all-time button. Can you tell it's a gold fish blowing bubbles in a fishbowl? How cute is that!

Has anyone else got an FO to share? Email me a photo in jpeg format at nancy@nancyherkness.com and I'll post it on the blog.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Nancy, the bib looks great. I love the bright colors and that button is adorable!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Nephele said...

The colors on that button are a perfect match! So which came first, the button or the yarn?

11:10 AM  
Blogger Knitterary said...

Your row ends are flawless. Pat yourself on the back!

Theresa S.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the good words!

Nephele, the yarn and button were pure serendipity. I had already picked out the yarn colors and was rooting through the button collection at my LYS when I found the fish bowl. Eureka!

Theresa S., you are too kind about my row ends; a skillful photographer can hide many a flaw. They are ALOT better than the last bib but I'm still aspiring to perfection. ;-)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love the button! It's so cute!

~Nicole

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home