Monday, March 19, 2007

A-Frogging we will go


I have spent the last week knitting and unravelling a whole series of baby gifts -- socks, booties and a knitted shirt. Nothing satisfies me. I've tried different patterns, different yarns. I'm enjoying the actual process of knitting (these are all simple projects) just haven't liked the way anything looks.


Writing is like this sometimes, too -- write a few pages, throw them away. Start a project, hate it, try something else. It's frustrating, but apparently part of my process.


These things seem to come in spells -- a period where nothing suits, and then I hit upon the right project and all is well. I'm hoping this passes soon for both knitting and writing.


Anyone else in a frogging mood?


6 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

Oh, Cindi, I so relate to your predicament. After all the baby stuff I knit for my friend, I can't settle on anything new. And then there's my book ... one chapter done, eleven more to go.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Cindi, I seem to be in the opposite mood. I refused to frog even though I knew I had made a mistake in my MIL's sweater (don't tell her!). I had already knitted a whole row beyond the mistake when I discovered it and I decided it wasn't going to get fixed. Very unusual for me but this sweater pocket is complicated and I'm struggling with it.

Maybe it's because I just revised the first 150 pages of my hockey book proposal TWICE and I'm tired of revising.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

P.S. Love the frog photo!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I hate frogging. I've come to realize that I'm as goal-oriented with knitting as I am with writing: I hate to throw anything away. I hoard discarded paragraphs in secret folders and wish I could think of a way to actually use abandoned products.

Maybe it's because I'm a slow knitter that it kills me to have to abandon hours and days and weeks and months of knitting to my own incompetence! (If I'm knitting for myself I'd probably wear whatever it was, no matter how poorly I constructed it.)

(Ugly, however, is another story.)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Abandoned PROJECTS not products.

Good grief . . .

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home