Monday, November 06, 2006

GET FELTED - Day 6


***GUEST PET(S): Our Fran Baker (make sure you visit her website) shares couch time with these three adorable furballs.

Fran says, "I looked at this picture my husband took of our "lioness" (remember Squeaky, the feral cat?) laying down with our "lambs" (Emily the blind Shi-Tzu and Mac the sniffy Scottie), I decided it was a perfect metaphor for how peaceful the world would be if humans would only take a cue from my pets.Peace. Paix. Frieden. Pace. Paz. Sholem. And all that jazz ..."***

We'd all be better off if we learned our life lessons from Squeaky, Emily, and Scottie.

Progress report: almost finished with the body of the baby blanket. It's the edging that takes awhile. Finished both of the Sirdar Highlander leftover socks. Haven't touched the nasty red spirals. Spent a lot of time staring at sweater patterns and yarn and trying to summon up courage to cast on. Also spent a lot of time thinking how behind I am in absolutely every part of my misbegotten life and trying to figure out how to catch up.

If such a thing is possible. Any time management experts out there willing to share trade secrets?

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

No, but if you get any good tips, will you share them, please? ;-)

8:48 AM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Barbara, if you figure it out, do share. Behind is the chronic state here.

11:48 AM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Fran - sweet companions, and it looks like they agree on the best spot to lounge around.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

I too, am always behind. The product of having too many things going at once. I am currently knitting a sweater, dishcloths, socks and slippers, not to mention working on another book, starting to think about Christmas gifts, etc, etc. Oh, and I'm making a quilt. But I wouldn't have it any other way, I guess.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home