Saturday, November 04, 2006

GET FELTED - Day 4



***GUEST PET: Presenting THE Wendy's magnificent Lucy.

Lucy is peerless and I say that with confidence. I mean, do you know another cat with her own Socks That Rock colourway?

Or a calendar!?

I rest my case. Lucy may be a pampered princess now but that wasn't always true. I'll let THE Wendy tell you her story.

"I found Lucy online, at a local rescue shelter, through Petfinder.org. Her original name, by the way, was Grace. I renamed her because I had a Great Aunt Grace who Would Not Have Liked Having a Cat Named After Her. Why Lucy? She's slightly cross-eyed. Get it? Her full name is Lucy Liu. Besides, it suits her.

"This poor little kitty found herself in a shelter because her previous owners had her declawed and let her outside. She was attacked by a dog and was badly bitten because she couldn't defend herself. Her owners didn't want to pay her vet bills after the attack, so gave her up.
(Note: I'd like to find these people and put them in a cage of hungry tigers so they could see how it feels to be defenseless against a larger animal with teeth and claws.)

"I emailed Lucy's foster mom about her, and we made arrangements for me to meet her at an adoption event at a local pet store the weekend before last. Of course I fell in love with her as soon as I laid eyes on her. The adoption was finalized Sunday night when a volunteer brought her to my home for a combination home visit/delivery.

"The organization I got Lucy from is Capital Animal Care, in Arlington, Virginia. Their list of pets available for adoption is here. If you are in the Washington DC area and thinking about adopting a pet, I encourage you to check out their listings. "

Thanks to Wendy of Wendy Knits blog and book fame and thanks to Lucy!***

Great felting websites you absolutely have to visit:

Felted Handbag Workshop (thanks to Dallas for the link)

Felting for Absolute Beginners (from Knitty.com)

You did enter our contest, didn't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home