Sunday, November 05, 2006

GET FELTED - Day 5



***GUEST PET(S): I'm sorry but if your heart doesn't melt when you look at Boogie and Mia, you need to see a cardiologist! These charmers live with our Laura Phillips.

Laura says, "They love each other best. Littermates, and sisters of the heart, Boogie(spots) and Mia (marbled) are half Bengal, half sneaky neighbor cat. Boogie brings me pencils and money. Mia rids the house of creepy crawlies. They create havoc on a daily basis, but are too cute to resist when they turn on the charm. And they know it!"***

Three things I hate about knitting:

1. P2TOG

2. The first round or row of anything

3. Splitty yarn

How about you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I'd rather P2tog than K2tog :)

Beautiful kitties!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, they're so cute! Aren't they just so cute?! Don't you just want to hug 'em and pet their little kitty cheeks?!

3:28 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

What great kitties!!!!

I hate SSK. For some reason it's tough for me. I'd rather K1Sl1psso anyday than ssk!!!!!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger georg said...

Um, I still don't understand most of the abbreviations. They can go, as far as I am concerned.

8:59 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

georg - I have a love/hate relationship with the abbreviations. I'm always having to look something up. Not that wild about P2 TOG or casting on.

....Mia & Boogie send purrs and remain unapologetic for the mess they created last night in the office with the files I've been sorting ---duh, left the door open. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate tinking and reknitting. Silly, eh?

I Just Hate recursive work, especially when it's supposed to be ... fun. I've established a rule (guideline?) that i'll only frog something twice. After that, it becomes something else: it was just Not Meant To Be whatever I started out with. I have enough stash (already) and enough patterns (yay, internet!), that i don't have to fight something that Wasn't Meant.

I like the purring-along-smoothly knitting: not the swearing, teeth-gnashing, stomping-around-frustrated parts. I get enough of that at work. :-D

I know, hating the tink makes me a "crafter" and not an "artist." So what? My recipients are happy and so am I.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home