Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sharon's Baby Cable Rib View 3


Sharon's Baby Cable Rib View 3
Originally uploaded by sockhoppers.

Sharon says, "One more view! I adore the feel of this yarn and I fear I may be spoiled for all other sock yarns now. I was very pleased with the heel turn/gusset on this pattern - it's seamless, no holes, no gaps. "

Take a close look at the point where Sharon picked up the gusset stitches then began knitting outward. It looks like a four or five row pattern there. Am I right, Sharon? It looks fantastic!

4 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

Gorgeous work Sharon!!!! I can see why you love them!! Job well done!!

Kim

11:27 PM  
Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Thanks Kim!

Barbara - there's a garter stitch edge on both sides of the heel flap (I think it was three stitches on each side), and I was really dubious about that while knitting it. I've always loved that part of the sock where the knitting basically makes a 90 degree turn and I was afraid this wouldn't look as dramatic. Boy was I wrong. The garter stitch edge makes it really easy to pick up the stitches because there's no doubts about where to pick up or how many. Also, you pick up two additional stitches at the top of the gusset, where the instep meets the heel flap, and that completely eliminates the hole that sometimes occurs there. Clearly, Charlene Schurch knows exactly what she's doing!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Saren Johnson said...

Those are beautiful! Think I'll use cables on my next pair.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Sharon, those are so gorgeous! Love the colors! All the patterns look so crisp and clean. What beautiful work!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home