Tuesday, October 31, 2006

RIP, Red Spiral #2 (October 2006 - October 2006) BB


RIP, Red Spiral #2 (October 2006 - October 2006) BB
Originally uploaded by sockhoppers.

I am sorry to report that Red Spiral #2 passed away this morning around 9 o'clock EST. The 3/4 finished sock broke free of its needle and flung itself into the frog pond. By the time I reached the scene of the suicide it was too late. The sock was gone.

Clearly this sock had issues. I tried to help. I really did. But the sock's problems were bigger than both of us.

I have since cast on anew. I know The Spiral would be proud.

No flowers, please.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor red spirals, dying so young. May they be reincarnated as something noble and beautiful.

Have you worn the wool-ease socks yet? I'm curious about how they'll feel on the foot.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Thank you for your condolences, Theresa.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that only Spiral #2 bought a one-way ticket to the Frog Pond. I am a stubborn cuss and actually cast on for #2 all over again. (I think this is the third separate cast on for that poor blighted sock. And I can't count how many times I ripped out pattern repeats.)

I am going to finish that pair of socks even if it means losing my sanity and my will to live.

Yes, I've worn the Wool-Ease socks in Fisherman and I love them as much as I'd hoped I would. Very very soft and highly recommended.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

LOL, Barbara! Here's hoping the third cast-on is, indeed, the charm.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Barbara, you put me to shame. I gave up after only one restart and that was only on a single toe. You are one determined woman and I'm proud to know you.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

What can I say, Nancy? That sock just plain pisses me off. No stinkin' tube sock is gonna get the better of this knitter!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home