Tuesday, October 31, 2006

RIP, Red Spiral #2 (October 2006 - October 2006) BB

RIP, Red Spiral #2 (October 2006 - October 2006) BB
Originally uploaded by sockhoppers.

I am sorry to report that Red Spiral #2 passed away this morning around 9 o'clock EST. The 3/4 finished sock broke free of its needle and flung itself into the frog pond. By the time I reached the scene of the suicide it was too late. The sock was gone.

Clearly this sock had issues. I tried to help. I really did. But the sock's problems were bigger than both of us.

I have since cast on anew. I know The Spiral would be proud.

No flowers, please.


Anonymous theresa s. said...

Poor red spirals, dying so young. May they be reincarnated as something noble and beautiful.

Have you worn the wool-ease socks yet? I'm curious about how they'll feel on the foot.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Thank you for your condolences, Theresa.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that only Spiral #2 bought a one-way ticket to the Frog Pond. I am a stubborn cuss and actually cast on for #2 all over again. (I think this is the third separate cast on for that poor blighted sock. And I can't count how many times I ripped out pattern repeats.)

I am going to finish that pair of socks even if it means losing my sanity and my will to live.

Yes, I've worn the Wool-Ease socks in Fisherman and I love them as much as I'd hoped I would. Very very soft and highly recommended.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

LOL, Barbara! Here's hoping the third cast-on is, indeed, the charm.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jean Brashear said...

Mozart's Requiem is floating through my head. Okay...trudging. It's not a floaty piece.

RIP, Red Spiral #2. We hardly knew ye.

BB, you are truly a goddess.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Barbara, you put me to shame. I gave up after only one restart and that was only on a single toe. You are one determined woman and I'm proud to know you.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

What can I say, Nancy? That sock just plain pisses me off. No stinkin' tube sock is gonna get the better of this knitter!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home