Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Picking up the needles again

One of the best things about finishing up the book (at last) (it seemed like it took 100 years) is picking up the needles again.

I can't tell you how much I missed knitting last month. Being the all-or-nothing idiot that I am, I had to ban knitting until I turned in the manuscript. (When it comes to sticks and strings, I have no will power. Absolutely none.)

On Monday I sat down and reached for Knit Picks Harmony circs, Berroco Suede in Hopalong Cassidy, and some Plush in creamy white and whipped up another pair of Baby Uggs.

Did you hear the sigh of pleasure where you were? It felt like coming home!

It's a terrible picture. (They're much cuter in person.) But here they are:


Now it's on to -- ? My knitting books are scattered all around me. My binders filled with pattern print-outs are stacked on the floor next to me. My stash beckons.

But what's next? Which of the eight zillion projects should I start?

What are you working on right now? Any suggestions?

It's so good to come out to play again.

5 Comments:

Blogger georg said...

I am prepping for a show in June (TNNA) where we need to have toes for samples, and I have no time to knit anything except toes. Except when I'm making stitchmarkers to sell at Mass Sheep & Wool. I wish I had fun time!

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Cathy said...

After the short person attacked my knitting with scissors, I did dishcloths for a while. Then a couple of bags. Now I'm in a spinning mood--everything I got at Maryland Sheep and Wool was fiber except for the spindle. But I am knitting a pair of socks. :)

9:46 AM  
Anonymous LauraP said...

Sob! I've not been knitting at all -- outdoor chores, seasonal stuff, flash flood cleanup. When that's caught up I'll wash this year's fleeces and spin something up for a sweater.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

so the new book? any details? lol

3:58 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

The uggs turn out so cute. I made some even though baby knitting is something I don't care for --don't know why. Hope you get your fill of knitting now that the book is under control.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home