Monday, April 26, 2010

One Finished Object

Okay, I confess I haven't posted here recently. I've been busy with, oh, all sorts of things. For instance, keeping an eye on the road a few houses up from us. You see, our road sits high above a river, with a steep bank. Recent heavy rains caused a landslide of dirt and trees to slide down into the river, thereby endangering the road. Another rainfall, or too-heavy traffic, could cause the road to follow right after that landslide.

And what is the town doing about it? Well, they've closed the road. And they're thinking about it. Oy.

So, what else have I been up to? I've been working on finishing the Dragon Shawl, made with Jojoland Melody yarn. Here's a picture of it blocking:



It was a fun knit. The border is knitted on sideways, so with...what...about 569 stitches on the needle by then, and you pick up one of those on every other border row...mutter, mutter...that's about 1138 rows for the border. Give or take.

And then there's always WORK, but we won't talk about that and all the hours it's consumed.

So what are YOU up to?

8 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

OMG, Elizabeth, that's so beautiful! Definitely worth waiting for.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous LauraP said...

Elizabeth, that's gorgeous, and oh, my what a lot of time and effort.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

It looks beautiful

2:53 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Oh my, that looks like a labor of love! Would like to see it draped across someone's shoulders.

Kim

4:39 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

OMG, that is stunningly beautiful! It boggles my mind!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Fran Baker said...

I'll volunteer my shoulders to be draped with that beautiful shawl, Elizabeth. LOL!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Gorgeous!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

Thanks, everyone! Not to give away any trade secrets...but it was a much easier knit than I expected. I especially enjoyed the fact that the pattern included both charts AND written directions. I prefer them written out, but if you're a chart person, you could get that also.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home