Monday, August 03, 2009

My LYS is back in business...and I'm celebrating with a prize!



My favorite LYS, Modern Yarn, just re-opened in its new location in Montclair, NJ, and I went for my first visit today. Here are a couple of photos of my new knitting home. I was greeted with great enthusiasm when I walked in, which is always gratifying. And I had a grand time squeezing the stunning new yarns.
I'm thrilled because a) it's closer to my house, b) parking is easier, and c) it's a bigger space so there's more glorious yarn for me to fondle.
The good news for you guys is that I bought this irresistible skein of Skacel Merino Lace from Italy in Color #1772, a very undescriptive label for these incredible hues. The colorway reminded me of hot August days, but it could easily shade into autumn leaves. And I'm giving it away, all 1375 yards of it! (I would have kept it for myself except that I swore I wouldn't buy any more stash yarn until I've finished at least ONE of my three on-needles projects.)
To have a chance at it, send me an email at nancy@nancyherkness.com with "Skacel" in the subject line and I'll choose a winner on August 17th (or thereabouts).
Oh, I nearly forgot: Jennifer S. from Grand Rapids, MI, is the lucky winner of the rose-colored Frog Tree yarn. Congratulations, Jennifer!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

Wow congrats on your new "drool" location reopening!! What a gorgeous skein.....shawl!!!!!


congrats jen!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

So happy that your LYS is still in business!!! That is the best news!!! Lovely yarn you are giving away - but, I am being good, too, and finishing projects!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous --Deb said...

Your pictures look great! I haven't been there yet, and only vaguely know where it is--down the street from SnS, right? But, where is the parking? I don't know Montclair that well.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks, guys! It's really good to have a place to go squeeze. I know you can order stuff on the internet but I need to feel it first.

Deb, Modern Yarn is on Glen Ridge Avenue,and I think it is near SnS (although for some reason I've never been to that yarn store). It's on the opposite side of the street from the pet store and farther toward where Glen Ridge Ave. connects with Bloomfield Ave. You can usually park right on the street but there's also a big parking lot just beyond the little row of stores it's in.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

What a nice, neat store, Nancy. Looks like there's plenty of room for lots of yarn, too. Do they have a big old table somewhere so people can sit and knit (and yak)?

And what gorgeous yarn you're giving away!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home