Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fingerless Fetchings

One of my writing groups, The Deadline Dames was asked if we could donate goodies to a raffle for Janis Reams Hudson. Janis is a past president of Romance Writers of America and has some mighty large medical bills facing her right now.

I love donating signed copies of my books to causes like this, so I immediately said I'd be happy to give a copy of MAGIC TO THE BONE and MAGIC IN THE BLOOD. But I wanted to add a little extra something to our basket of books. But what to give?

Knitting! Specifically, A quick, easy knit, they're perfect for those chilly days writing or reading. They rekindled my love for fingerless gloves. I decided to use Berroco Comfort DK since I wasn't sure if the lucky winner would have wool allergies and I wanted something with more bounce than cotton or bamboo.

Please excuse my red knuckles and tired looking hands in the second pic, Lol!



I hope the winner likes them. And since I had so much fun with those, I am now knitting 's Sourwood Mountain next in SWTC bamboo Purplexed.

What are you working on?

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Hey,

Janis was my roommate for most of the years that we served on the board of directors for RWA - I haven't kept up with many people after my time on the board was up...

But, please e-mail and let me know what is going on and what I might be able to do to help her...

my e-mail is nhsarab at yahoo dot com

7:32 PM  
Blogger vickie said...

thats so cool you are doing that Devon is there any way I could purchase a raffle ticket vbarton24 at gmail dot com

8:08 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

That's one of my favorite patterns, Barbara.
I'm very sorry to hear about Janis's bills.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Devon Monk said...

Sara and Vickie, you can check out the blog about Janis here:

http://janisreamshudsonraffle2009.com/index.htm I'll also send this to your emails.

:o)
Devon

12:02 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

nice! (and generous too!)

I am working on a baby blanket, the devil one from Drunk, divorced and covered in cat hair, for a girlfriend of mine who is expecting a lil boy. My friend is a "suicide girl" and i know she will love this blanket!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home