Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What I did while watching the election instead of biting my nails and eating every piece of chocolate in sight

Yep, four and a half pairs of fingerless gloves, and one I started to decorate.  I couldn't write yesterday, couldn't read, couldn't do anything but glue myself to the TV and knit.  Very zenlike.

I am a proud Obama supporter (and I think McCain gave a very gracious speech) and now my husband Jeff and I are going out to celebrate with breakfast at someplace great and talk about this whole new world.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Wow! That's a LOT of mitts...
(((Hugs)))

10:25 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I sort of screwed up some of the thumbs (which is why I don't do gloves!) but they still look very col!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I'm gasping for breath. Caroline! You are now the unofficial RTY Super Hero: TurboKnitter. Disguised by day as a mild-mannered, Mac-using, cupcake-loving writer from Hoboken, by night Caroline ducks into her LYS and emerges as TURBOKNITTER, able to wield complex cables without a cable needle, to leap towering pages of lace instructions in a single bound--

12:44 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Well, I DID screw up the thumbs and I finished a sweater which is lopsided..I' best at knitting in the round. When I have to finish things or do fingers, I panic and my head explodes.

1:28 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Awesome! In celebration I am about to try my first pair of fingerless gloves. You must be a muse, as well as TurboKnitter.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Extraordinary! My mind boggles!

3:47 PM  
Blogger georg said...

I finished a dog sweater (for a chihuahua) and started some socks. I did like McCain's speech too- they were both very gracious.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home