Friday, November 14, 2008

Rose Paul's fabulous socks

Rose won some sock yarn last year and surprised me yesterday with photos of the results. How gorgeous are those socks!

Here are the details straight from the knitter: Thanks so much again for the yarn prize. Although I'm slow, here are my socks knitted as a gift for a girlfriend. I used 2 strands held together, supplemented with some mango colored DK Laine du Nord? to lengthen the legs a bit. Used Turkish cast on, toe up, Fleegle heel, no pattern, ribbing on the leg, 48 stitches. They turned out smashing.

Of course I needed to know what the Fleegle heel is and that led to this link. (Thanks, Rose!)

That's what I love about knitting: there is literally no way any one of us could possibly know all there is to know about the craft or master every single technique. Okay, maybe Elizabeth Zimmermann and Barbara Walker had/have a shot at it but clearly they're aliens. You never have to worry that you'll outpace the craft. There's always something new to be learned.

3 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Those are very pretty. I received my SoxBox2 today. Thank you so much for the lovely giveaway!!!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Rose, those are so gorgeous! I can't decide if they remind me more of a sunrise or a sunset. Either way, the colors are stunning. Seems a shame to wear such beauty on your feet.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Rose P in PV said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I neglected to give the name and color of the yarn: Regia sock wt. yarn, 4 fadig Crazy Color, farbe (color) 5437. Barbara's giveaway is much appreciated.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home