Thursday, November 13, 2008

A contest within a contest within a. . .



One of the things I liked so much about my time on the Monterey Peninsula was the firepits. In the evening everyone goes outdoors to unwind and enjoy the spectacular sunsets. But it's chilly so they have open fires to ward off the cold. The ladies also wear lovely, colorful wraps like the one below which I brought home for a lucky Yarnie. I'm throwing in some scrumptious Scharffen Berger artisan chocolate which is made in Berkeley, CA. I wish you could smell it: I'm drooling all over my keyboard.



To win this gorgeous Pashmina shawl, keep reading.

Barbara reminded me to remind you that I have a beautiful new website. I can say this without blushing because I didn't design it; Bekke at Dreamforge Media did. On this beautiful new website is a bi-monthly contest. If you go here, you can see the lovely necklace which is the latest prize and you can enter the contest.

Here's where the triple-whammy comes in: if you enter the necklace contest and put "shawl" in the comments field, you will have done yourself three favors:

1) you'll be entered in the contest for the Pashmina shawl;

2) you'll be entered in the contest for the necklace;

3) you'll be signed up for my newsletter which (as soon as I get organized to send it out) will offer a special third contest just for subscribers. The prize involves books, lots of books.

So join the contest craziness here at RTY! It's fun!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

The new website looks terrific Nancy! Congrats!

Kim in IA

8:38 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks so much, Kim! Bekke is really terrific to work with, as well as doing beautiful designs so the whole experience was a joy.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Zowie, Batgirl, fabulous new site and fabulous contest. That Pashmina is to die for. And chocolate to boot! Some lucky winner is going to love, love, love their prizes.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Love your new website! I want to go to the Monterey Peninsula just to sit in front of the firepits wearing a shawl I have knit...

That would be so fun!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks, guys! I'm so glad you like the new website. I think my favorite is the "Wisdom of the T-shirt" page because it gives me an outlet for all the funny sayings I collect.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home