Saturday, November 01, 2008

Marie's Cookies


We knit. My friend Marie Watley-Browne bakes. I try not to expect my box of goodies from Brooklyn every holiday and special occasion and treat it as a surprise but the truth is over the years I have come to depend on her love and generosity and talent.


And I'm not ashamed to say I don't share. Goldisox doesn't even get so much as a whisper of powdered sugar when Marie's Goodies are in the house. I wish I could get a decent picture of the popcorn hands with the candy corn fingernails or the lollipops or the candy corn brittle or any of the other baked wonders she concocts in her wizard's kitchen but I'm too busy gobbling them up.

We were just talking about how odd it feels to pour so much love into a piece of knitting for someone who really doesn't get it.
Marie Watley-Browne, I get it and I love it and I love you!


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

Friends like that mean EVERYTHING. Thanks for sharing this.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

No. 1, I love your friend's name!

No. 2, I'm drooling on my keyboard over the cookies in the picture. Lots of yummy icing on sugar cookies--my idea of heaven!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

P.S. I wouldn't share them either.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home