Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Excuse Me For Yawning . . . and Winner #2

Yes, it's really 5:18 in the morning and no, I didn't just get up. I've probably mentioned--oh, like a thousand times--that we're night owls around here. In true night owl fashion we went up to bed around two and boing! My damn eyes shot open and all the words I couldn't force onto the screen during a long hard day of writing suddenly began to spill from one side of my brain to the other.

I heard voices, okay? Characters talking to me faster than I could listen. Clearly there was no way I was going to be able to sleep with all the yakking going on and besides, I've been in this business long enough to know you never remember all the things you think you're going to remember. This was a gift, a winning lottery ticket. Time to haul my lazy butt back downstairs, fire up the computer, make a cup of tea, and go back to work.

Which is what I've been doing the last few hours. I almost succumbed to the siren song of my garter stitch blankets but I stayed strong and captured what I needed to capture.

Now I think I'm going to reward myself with scrambled eggs and hot sauce.

And a brand new Yarnapalooza winner: Heide Presson whose wonderful blog came be found right here. The package goes out first thing this morning.

Oh wait. It's already first thing this morning, isn't it? Time for more caffeine . . .

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

Congrats to Heidi...and Chris from the other day!

Why is it that in the middle of the night as soon as you close your eyes the brainwaves will not shut down!?? Hubby just shakes his head as after years in the navy he can shut his eyes and sleep on a dime. Get some rest today!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Heide!

We're night owls here too, and I'm the worst. Sometimes it seems like my brain doesn't get started until most people are going to bed.

10:55 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Night owl here too. If I could start my day around 4 in the afternoon I would function a lot better. I just wish the rest of the world was on my schedule.

Congrats to the winners!!!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home