Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Big Yellow Taxi (and Yarnapalooza Winner #1)


The plan is this: I'll post every day this month (I can't believe I'm typing those words) and among other things, I'll announce the day's winner.


That said, can we have a drum roll please for our July 1 winner Chris Silker who can be found here. Chris, you'll find an email in your inbox. I have your package ready to ship in the morning.

See that big blob of eye-searing yellow? That's the first piece in my second EZ Garter Stitch Blanket. (Yes, garter stitch is addictive.) It's from my stash of Sirdar Nova Chunky (Chunky Nova?) and I hope to tone it down a little with some white. Or maybe I'll add orange (another favorite color) and make yarny candy corn. Either way I'm having way too much fun.

I also have Baby Surprise Jacket on the needles. Maybe a picture tomorrow. (I take terrible pictures.) I grabbed some Lion Brand Baby Soft from my stash (The Stash That Ate New Jersey) and jumped into it and it's certainly an interesting experience. More about that tomorrow too.
The hot pink scarf has doubled in length and I'm eyeing some gorgeous Muench Touch Me and thinking of casting on another Vintage Velvet.
Don't you just love this part of knitting when anything's possible and your needles are just dying to be put to good use? No frogging! No tinking! No dropped stitches! I swear I almost think I could knit a wedding ring shawl without lifelines.



Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow!! Thank you!!!!!

*bounce bounce bounce*

3:04 PM  
Blogger Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Congrats to winner #1. I just posted about a bag I made with Sirdar Nova on my blog. I didn't like the origial color too much, and even though it's a wool/acrylic blend, I was able to over-dye it with food coloring. Maybe this is a solution for your color situation?

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Chris! I love it when people I "know" win things.

Yummy, yarny candy corn sounds scrumptious :-)

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chris!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

KittenWAW: I know it's crazy but I actually love taxi cab yellow! I prefer a lemon and butter yellows but there's a place for taxi cab yellow too. (Although not on a Corvette. What on earth was Chevy thinking?)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I kinda like those bright yellow Corvettes. It's the one car that can get away with it.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Chris!

The EZ Garter Stitch Blanket has been on my to-do list for a while. It just looks like a fun knit.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Rooie said...

"Woot!" to Chris!

Love the yellow. But, were it me, I'd be throwing it into a mix with blue, turquoise, green, and purple.

Not that you asked...

8:10 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The gorgeous yarn and book and magnets and booklight arrived yesterday - thank you! Looking forward to reading your book - and REALLY looking forward to "Casting Spells" this fall.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home