Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bad dog!

Meet Dinah, working farmcollie in training, age 8 months. She's stuck inside because she's having her first heat cycle, and she's too young to be a mama yet. She can't go out to help scare away coyotes. Can't round up the ducks or break up rooster fights. The housecats are so unimpressed with her friendly overtures. She's bored, bored, bored. It's the formula for mayhem, I tell ya.

See the mess she made of the sweater I just started? She feels bad about that. Doesn't she look so very sorry?

7 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Oh no! I hope the sweater was salvageable!

4:33 AM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Nichole - I bought extra yarn, so I can just start over with an unmolested skein -- once the dog's house arrest is over. That shirt-tail bottom edge was giving me fits, so I probably could use the extra practice anyway, right?

7:14 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Awwwwwwww.....she does look VERY sorry! She's a beautiful dog! Glad You'll be able to salvage the project!
Kim

10:23 AM  
Blogger HaveFaith said...

Whoa! Thanks for the heads up about high energy dogs. I will have a new puppy in April. Guess I better practice putting knitting projects away. My cats don't seem to bother them and I leave them lying around. Good luck with the start-over. Glad you have extra yarn. Very sweet dog and yes, she looks sorry! Dogs just gotta have fun.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Awww! What a cutie!

5:46 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Aww... she does look sorry. I just found out that 2 bulldog puppies ate a baby blanket I made a friend. Apparently they looked very sorry too.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Poor Dinah. It's tough being a girl. Maybe she watched Mama play with that yarn and thought it would be fun.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home