Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Wedding in Paris


Cindi, I think we both need to take Promo 101 immediately! I've been so busy yammering on about stash and The Sopranos that I forgot to post the fact that our own Cindi Myers, the extremely prolific Marie Ferrarella, and I are currently appearing at your local bookstores as part of the A Wedding In Paris anthology.
This was a complete and total blast to write. I mean, what's not to like? I got to pretend I was in Paris, strolling the Rive Gauche, drinking in the sights and sounds of what is arguably the most beautiful city on the planet.
Imagination is a funny thing. Some days I'd shut down the laptop and actually be shocked to discover I wasn't in a funky hotel overlooking the Seine but sitting on a sofa in central New Jersey! For a few wondrous weeks I was a Parisian and I loved it.
Want to read an excerpt? Click here.
Knitting content to follow later today . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Many congrats, Cindi and Barbara! I saw your book in the Barnes and Noble near Lincoln Center in NYC (I would have bought it but I was going to the ballet and didn't want to carry one of those rustly plastic B and N bags into the theater). I'll grab it at my local bookstore.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I got it last week and have been carrying it around in my tote bag but haven't had a chance to read it yet!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Thank you, Barbara, for posting this. I should really be better about promoting my work. I agree that this was a very fun book to write. I've only been to Paris once and it was many years ago, so I researched by watching movies (Charade and Amalie, in particular) and travel videos I rented from the library. It was great fun -- and I got to meet Barbara because of it!

And thanks to Liz and Nancy for buying copies!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will be a definite read. Thank you. Aah, Paris!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home