Friday, June 22, 2007

A Solemn Pledge


I hereby promise, under penalty of (fill in something appropriately dastardly and knitterly), to post once each day between now and July 31st.

I'm not saying the posts will be interesting. I'm not saying they'll be worth your bandwidth. But I'm gonna do it anyway. Call it part of my ongoing search for discipline in a happily chaotic life. Call it a walk on the wild side of organization or Bretton's Folly, which it just might be, but my gut tells me this is what I need to do.


It's too easy not to write. It's far too easy to let one day slip happily into the next and the next and suddenly you open your eyes and a month has slipped through your fingers before you even realized it was happening. Sorry, but when you hit your fifties time is too important to let slip away.

So here's the plan: a post every day both here and over here that will jump start my creative juices and have my fingers dancing over the keyboard in mad abandon as the pages of my next book leap onto the screen effortlessly.

Uh huh. (Imagine what I'd be like if I drank.)

Self-discipline.

As Martha would say, "It's a good thing."

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Love the photo! I'm a sucker for anything English.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home