Friday, February 16, 2007

Lunch Break


See that pan over there? That's a healthy lunch. That's a pan filled with zucchini, carrots, onions, celery, red pepper, and bean sprouts.


That is also the reason why, less than forty-five minutes later, both Goldisox and I are growling at each other and ready to eat wallpaper if you could just pour a little chocolate sauce over it and add whipped cream.


Yes, it's that time of year. Yes, we're paying the price for those hot fudge sundaes we indulged in over the Christmas holidays. We are now of an age where you have to pay the piper for every single good-tasting bit of food that passes your middle-aged lips.


I would kill for cookies right now. If you walked in front of me carrying a bag of Chips Ahoy, you would be in serious danger.






See those socks? I forgot to post a photo of them around Christmas time. They're made from leftover Sirdar Highlander that I'd used for Goldisox's socks. Toe up. Knitty's Magic Cast-on. The really cool heel from Socks Socks Socks. One cast-off was a little tighter than the other and it bugs me. So far not enough to rip it out and redo it but I just might.












See that pirate? Did I forget to mention he'll hand-deliver your $100 WEBS gift certificate if you're the lucky winner of my contest? I thought that would get your attention. I'm lying of course but only about the pirate. The $100 WEBS gift cert is very real and all you have to do is scroll down to my February 14th post and find out how to enter.



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly in CT said...

Oh My God! Where did that picture of Johnnie Depp come from? My darling daughter and I are big fans of the only man in the world who actually looks good in mascara.

4:42 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

You aren't kidding...he looks lushious in his lashes. What eyeliner does he use with it? Wow. You certainly know how to get our attention!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Barbara, I would feel your pain on the dieting except so far all I've done is talk about it. My DH didn't help when he presented me with a box of Godiva truffles for Valentine's Day. On the other hand, I'm a very contented camper right now so maybe it's worth the calories.

However, I'm wishing you and Goldisox the best of luck with the rabbit food. You've got a heck of a lot more willpower than I do.

5:25 PM  
Blogger monica said...

My daughter would be knocking everyone out of the way to get to Capt'n Jack. She could care less about the Webs cert. Me on the other hand, I want the Webs cert, I like Jack ok, but not as much as yarn. I must be getting old. Good luck on the food choice changes, I have NO will power in that department.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home