Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First sweater


I finally finished the sweater I started before Christmas. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. The pattern is "Very Cool V-Neck" from Better Homes and Gardens' hipknits. It's knit in Brown Sheep Cotton Chenille in Columbine Blue. Nice easy pattern. hipknits is full of fun, easy designs.


Technically, this is not my first sweater. I knit two others years ago and was never happy with either of them. I was afraid to attempt another sweater for a long time, but this group inspired me to try again. I'm glad I did!


And now a question: Is anyone familiar with KnitPicks Shine Sport yarn? I have a sweater pattern that calls for sport weight cotton yarn and this stuff comes in great colors and is easy on the budget. Any comments?


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no personal experience, but every comment I've ever read out in the blogosphere has been positive. I'd absolutely get some based on all I've read. :-)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Pretty, Cindi! The neckline is very flattering and I like the sleeve length.

Like Paula, I've only heard good things about KnitPiks yarn. Haven't used any myself but hope to; first, of course, I've got to finish the Never-Ending Baby Blanket.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Thank you Paula and Fran. I'm going to order some and will let you know what I think. Can't beat the price on the KnitPicks yarn.

Good luck with the baby blanket, Fran. The pictures are gorgeous.

On my needles now -- socks!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Go, Cindi! The sweater is gorgeous: beautiful color, fabulous fit!

I'm knitting my second sweater ever now. The first was for my then-beau/now-husband and that was about 25 years ago. It turned out to be so warm that you had to go on an Arctic exploring expediton to wear it so he finally gave it away to someone who lives in Maine (which is close enough to the Arctic for sweater-wearing purposes).

Good luck with the socks! (she says with a shudder of horror)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Cindi, this is so beautiful! Not only is the style incredibly flattering, but it fits like -- well, like it was made for you! What a fabulous job!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love that shade of blue.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home