Monday, February 12, 2007

IN THE PINK

Here's the baby blanket I'm making for my friend's first grandbaby. This is the Never-Ending Eyelet, Never To Be Made Again Baby Blanket. Now, I love my friend dearly. And I hope she has the healthiest, happiest grandgirlie in the world. But enough already! This blanket is taking forever. Oh, but it's so soft and will, I hope, become Little Lulu's favorite. Sort of a Linus blanket that she drags everywhere. Even to kindergarten!




Okay, I couldn't help myself. I got sick of knitting the Never-Ending Baby Blanket and grabbed some white and red yarn out of my stash to make Little Lulu a sweater. A big sweater, to be sure. One that she should be able to wear, oh, next Christmas. Maybe even next Valentine's Day.

And speaking of Valentine's Day ... happy, happy, one and all. And just between us, what's the best Valentine's Day gift you ever gave or received? (Mine was a baby. A 6 lb., 8 oz boy who just missed arriving on Mom's/my February 11 birthday.)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Oh Fran, the Never Ending Baby Blanket is just beautiful! I'm SURE it will be Little Lulu's favorite one! And the sweater is darling; I love the red accents.

Honestly, my favorite Valentine's Day present is going out to dinner with my DH ALONE and drinking champagne. Champagne always puts me in a very Valentine's Day sort of mood which makes my DH happy.

9:05 PM  
Blogger monica said...

I am making the pinwheel blanket, which seems to go pretty quickly at first. And then the stitch count gets into the hundreds and it takes forever to get around. Your blanket is beautiful, and is her name really going to be Lulu, we have a Lulu in our neighborhood and she is so adorable.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Fran, a beautiful blanket like that would be a lifetime commitment for me. My mind boggles at the sheer # of stitches involved, not to mention the artistry. And I'm in love with the sweater and the placement of the red accents. Fabulous! (And what a lucky baby!)

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That blanket is gorgeous. I love the teeny little sweater, too, but the blanket looks special.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Thanks, all, for your kind words about the baby blanket. I realize now I sounded a bit grumpy when I posted, and I apologize for that. Maybe I can blame it on the weather? (See the new post with all the snow we've got.)

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home