Monday, February 26, 2007

HAPPY ENDING: The Top Down Sweater Is Finished!


I am so excited that I am actually jumping up and down here in central NJ.
See that sweater? That is my FINISHED top-down. Actally, it's Goldisox's finished top-down sweater. I managed to pry it off him for this occasion and posed it on a dressmaker's dummy that had been suitably padded to hide her curvaceous torso.
I knitted the last stich and wove the last errant thread on Valentine's Day which made it all the sweeter.
Am I proud of myself? Are you kidding? You're talking to the woman who had trouble with a washcloth!
I am delighted, over the moon, ridiculously excited, and inordinately proud every time I see Goldisox put it on. I always wondered if I was a process or a product kind of girl. Well, I found out. Knitting this was great fun but it was nothing compared to the thrill of seeing someone I love actually wear it.
Details: Knitting Plain and Simple pattern
Elann Peruvian Highland Chunky in Mocha Heather (around 25 skeins)
#6 and #9 US
Top down in the round
Raglan sleeves
Started: around 1/15/2007
Finished: 2/14/2007
Pure bliss!!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Wow, Barbara! It looks absolutely fantastic! And you're right, it's great to see YOUR finished project being used by someone you love who truly appreciates it.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

It's gorgeous, Barbara! I'm very impressed.

5:07 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Congrats! It's lovely!!!!!!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Beautifully done, Barbara. Now you'll never want to knit sweaters any other way. I even make top-down cardigans!

Tell Goldisox he owes you one. Or ten. LOL!

7:40 PM  
Blogger monica said...

It is beautiful. I wish my husband would wear knitted goods. I am so envious of you who have a hubby who will. My kids will, but I would really like to knit for him. It turned out lovely, congrats!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Theresa N. said...

Beautiful!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fabric looks lovely and the shaping is flawless. Congrats!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

You are an inspiration to me to get mine finished!!

7:37 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

Gorgeous sweater. :)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home