Thursday, November 23, 2006

The List

No, not the New York Times bestsellers or the USA Today Top 100 or any of those book-related lists. Nor is it my endless to-do list.

This is the list of things I’m grateful for that have to do with knitting. I’ll keep it short because I’m hoping you’ll add to it either on Thanksgiving Day (after the sleep-inducing effects of the turkey’s L-tryptophan have worn off) or in the days after.

1. I’m grateful for the colors of Noro Kureyon—all of them.
2. I owe a debt of thanks to whatever genius invented entrelac.



3. I’m thankful that the Sock Hop is nothing more than a terrible memory.
4. I adore Addi Turbo circular needles.
5. I’m delighted that my local yarn store encourages me to fondle any skein of yarn I’m interested in.
6. I’m crazy about my felted box which I would never have made if it weren’t for “Get Felted” month.



7. I am always and forever grateful to Barbara Bretton for organizing this fabulous group of authors into a really fun blog.
8. Most of all, I’m thankful for the entire community of this blog, the knitters, readers, and writers who share a passion for the same things I do, and for a lot of different things that I get to learn about.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Now, everybody join in: what are you thankful for?

7 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

Great list, Nancy! I'm thankful for many of the same things. One addition, especially, is the opportunity to challenge myself with new projects - socks! - that I might have put off trying forever. Like you, I've decided that socks aren't really my forte. BUT I never would have tried them if it weren't for this blog.

Gobble, gobble, everyone!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Dallas Schulze said...

On the knitterly front, I'm thankful for the amazing selection of yarns and patterns that are available these days. Twenty years ago, the main choices were Red Heart and more Red Heart. Nothing against Red Heart but it's really nice to have more choices.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

I am thankful for my family, thankful to have the home and funds to have a thanksgiving dinner, for my friends -in life and online, and most of all, I am thankful I won all that nice wool to make more felted goodies for me and my girls!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jamie Denton said...

I wish I could say I'm grateful for caterers who come in and prepare a fabulous Thanksgiving meal. And for a housekeeper to come in and clean it all up afterward, but that just ain't gonna happen. So I guess I just need to be grateful that I'm around to do it and have the energy to make it happen.

3:57 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

I'm thankful for whoever figured out tencel and soy silk (soft! soft! soft!) I'm thankful for wool. I'm thankful that my LYS will stay open under new owners. (and that I get to work there one day a week!) I'm thankful for Addi needles, esp. the short dpns for my sock projects. I'm thankful to my knitting friends who encourage me and push me to keep trying new things. I'm thankful to all the great knitting bloggers that I read who have helped educate me and stretch my imagination.

I could go on and on.....

Kim

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the video that taught me to knit...and all that goes with it--fabulous yarn, cool needles, amazing patterns, and always getting to try out something new--not to mention the wonderful feeling of showing your family and friends the cool thing I just finished...or am about to finish!
I'm also thankful for said family and friends with which to enjoy a day devoted to thankfulness, and for my health...a year ago I was getting ready to undergo major surgery at Thanksgiving!
I'm sure there's more, but I'll save room for others to add!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thank you for sharing your blessings with all of us. Your "lists" made me smile, sometimes with a tear in my eye.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home