Tuesday, November 07, 2006

GET FELTED - Day 7


***GUEST PET: Anne says, "This picture is of my horse, Java, a 21 yr-old bay thoroughbred. I caught the picture at just the right moment! Java has had many "jobs" in his past some of which include racehorse, handicapped rider horse(knowing him this was a short career!), endurance horse (kind of like marathon running for horses--50 to 100 miles), foxhunter and now my horse. We like to run at things and jump them :) "

Right back at you, Java!

Make sure you visit Anne's blog.***


Did you vote yet?

Come on. The pickin's are slim but you've gotta do it anyway because if you don't then you really don't have the right to complain about the way they're running things. (Whoever "they" might be. )

It won't be so bad. You can think lofty thoughts about the Constitution and the responsibilities of freedom while you wait on line.

Or you can knit and think about McDreamy, McSteamy, and McWhatTheHellAreTheyDoingToMyFavorite Show.

Your choice. (That's what it's all about, right?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

I always wanted a horse. And I always envy anyone who has one.

I've voted. Now I can complain all I want. LOL! Our small town mayor called and asked me to run for City Council. This after I testified on an issue in front of said Council. I told the mayor that if I won, which I probably would, and then had to spend my life listening to people like me droning on and on and on about something, I'd probably leap over the Council table and choke them! Needless to say, the mayor has withdrawn her offer to back me.

Barbara, I just finished reading Shore Lights. Terrific book! From the Authors Note at the end, it appears that you and I went through very similar situations around the same time.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I LOVE Java. I had a pony named Papoose in my youth who was my bosom buddy for years and years. Your photo brings back such happy memories.

I voted too although not without difficulty. Our little town just got new computerized voting machines. I carefully listened to the instructions and punched the button I wanted. The X lit up and then promptly blinked out. I tried again. Same result.

So I called a poll person and explained the problem. She thought I was some kind of electronic moron and came in to show me how it was done. Guess what? It did the same thing for her.

"Oh, it's not supposed to do that," she said.

Turns out someone had forgotten to push the reset button after the previous voter. Once that was done I got my X's in a row and can complain all I want.

4:28 PM  
Blogger georg said...

I was the 10th person to vote in my district... at 6:05 a.m. :)

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home