Friday, October 06, 2006

SOCK HOP - Day 6



Clive Owen needs socks too.



Some random sock thoughts:

1. The toe-ups I'm finishing today are the second fastest sock I've ever worked. (First being the gigantic yarned Sirdar Highlander cuff-downs.) 46 stitches on #2s and I'm zooming.

2. I've learned a lot about the mystery of single and double wraps. I've narrowed it down to picking up the knits as if to purl and picking up the purls from the back as if to knit and the extra twist that gives the stitches seems to have eliminated gaps.

3. I managed to avoid the deadly rejoin bump by paying more attention to where I picked up the extra close-the-gap stitches. I pretended there was a gusset there and chose accordingly. Sometimes you simply have to empty your mind of everything else and really think. (Ouch.)

4. I'm not sure how I'll handle the cast off.

5. I'll know in a few more inches whether or not the pooling has returned. I'm kind of hoping it will.

2 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

Congrats! I saw those new needles on your blog this morning....they are gorgeous! I'd love to have a pair myself.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have finished the twisted rib cuff and done 5 rows of the pattern on my bayerische sock. http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2006/09/bayerische.html I am using Cervinia Calzetteria in Crimson purchased from smileysyarns.com

Size 0 metal needles are very hard on my hands as I try to learn to cable without a needle. However, the extreme "cool" factor as I watch the pattern emerge from the rib is worth it. I'll try to get pictures today.

I chickened out on the 2 circs or magic loop experiment and just went forward with my trusty 4 dpns.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home