Monday, October 02, 2006

The Turtle Speaks...


Waaah, BB, THE Wendy and Kim--I'm behind already!

I choose, however, to be the poster child for any who may be knitting with us and feeling inadequate alongside you whiz kids. My first-ever sock is proceeding slowly (of course, it would go faster were I not finishing two other projects)...but though you bunnies may beat us to the finish line, we turtles will get there one of these days. ;)

BB, I'm molto impressed at your labels on your photo, btw! (And hoping that you all who are experts don't spot bunion room on my photo...which I wouldn't recognize if it jumped up and bit me!

So, with trepidation....here's mine so far. THE Wendy's toe-up pattern moved onto Addi Turbo #1s, done in plain ol' Lion Brand Woolease in turquoise #148 (with hopes that I can figure out how to do the heel in Magic Loop, since I did the toe on dpns but lost my courage!)

Jean

6 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:37 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Bravo Jean! You brave-hearted woman....starting with toe-up socks and that darned provisional cast on! (I promise to try it someday!)

Your yarn color is gorgeous! (As are all the socks I've seen so far. Talk about a plethora of scrumptious yarns!)

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, Jean! It looks great! And if it's any consolation, you're not the turtle -- I am. I haven't even cast on yet, though I did wind the yarn so I'm not a total slacker. I hope to cast on tonight.

12:42 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Jean - you figured out the toe, so you're ahead of me. I played with it last night and decided I should practice new techniques with fat yarn first, preferably early in the day when my eyes still focus well.

6:54 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Wendy does write good directions. The problem is me. I'm often slow picking up any new technique, even with someone at my elbow to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm stubborn though and will stumble around until it 'clicks' for me.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Pretty color, Jean. I'm doing a pair of slipper socks in Lion Brand boucle. Next I'll do real socks using THE Wendy's pattern.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home