Wow, I really need to dust...
To provide some perspective about the whole sheep to sock process, I thought I'd document and share my progress from start to finish. I took pictures of Baby BunBun, the sweet Satin angora rabbit who earlier this summer donated a copious amount of fluffy gray fiber. BunBun's shy and wriggly, so those photos didn't turn out well. I'll try again another day when my daughter's here to help.
I pulled out the box of Cotswold wool and the bag of angora. I dug through the baskets of wool in the living room for an empty spindle to spin the yarn onto and, darn it, there weren't any. I had one type of singles wool or another on every spindle. So, I wound a bit of Shetland singles on the ball winder, which freed up one spindle. I slipped that one into place on the spinning wheel and began plying strands of Manx Loughton singles wool from the two remaining spindles that work with this spinning wheel. The result is a moderately soft two-ply yarn about worsted weight. When I had a good amount on the spindle, I took this picture and uploaded it to the computer.
That's when I noticed the dust. Oh my. A few tweaks of the shadows and highlights in a photo-editing program made much of the evidence disappear. Wish that would work in the living room.