Wednesday, August 23, 2006

CONTESTS! CONTESTS! CONTESTS! - update #2


Good morning. (It's four a.m. in my sleepless, struggling to finish the book world.) You know the drill. I'll knit a few rounds of my ubiquitous black Fixation Bulkys while you commune with Liam.

You gotta love a man in a kilt.

September 1st is right around the corner which means we'll be announcing the Grand Prize winner and the 5 other winners of our Launch contest . . . and which also means you might like a sneak peek at some of the goodies in store for you.

If you can tear youself away from Mr. Neeson, take a look at the other photo. Yes, that one. The extremely lucky Grand Prize winner will take home those two gorgeous skeins of Noro Kureyon in wonderful #40 and a signed copy of MERCY by our Jean Brashear. Our GP winner will also receive (courtesy of yours truly) signed copies of SOMEONE LIKE YOU and GIRLS OF SUMMER, a copy of the incredible WENDY KNITS; a skein of Lion Brand Fun Fur because sometimes a girl has to play; a breathtaking skein of Lisa Souza's Earth Birth superwash sock yarn; #0US 47 inch Addi Turbos so you can try to Magic Loop; and Clover blocking pins, the best blocking pins on the planet. (In my estimation, at least.)

BTW, both Jean and I hold monthly contests at our websites. The links are on the vertical nav bar or you can click here for Jean or here for me.

Believe it or not, that's not all. It's not even close to all.

Sandra Marton offers to the grand prize winner signed copies of THE KNIGHT BROTHERS, her Waldenbooks Best-Selling trilogy that came out in March, May and July. Sandra also holds monthly contests at her website.

I'll let Nancy Herkness tell you about her current monthly website contest herself:

While vacationing in Colorado, my family and I went shopping in Manitou Springs, a quirky town near the Garden of the Gods. We found this great boutique (where my daughter went on a regular shopping spree) and I spotted this gorgeous cascade of beads. It can be worn tied as a necklace, draped like a scarf, or, if you’re slim, wrapped as a belt. The colors are lovely and reminded me of the natural shades we saw in Colorado: mossy green, deep lavender blue and rosy pink. My husband says it’s so fabulous that I should keep it for myself but I bought it for my readers so here it is as my latest contest prize. Good luck!

And then there are the goodies for our Grand Prize winner: signed copies of Nancy's SHOWER OF STARS and WELCOME TO WISTERIA LANE: ON AMERICA'S FAVORITE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. Nancy says, "Welcome to Wisteria Lane is an anthology of essays about the television show; all sorts of writers contributed." She's also donating a great magnet for your car that reads K2TOG so everyone knows you're dedicated to your craft.

Fran Baker is donating a large print copy of THE WIDOW AND THE WILDCATTER and a surprise goodie.

Jamie Denton, who also holds monthly website contests, is contributing an autographed copy of HARD TO HANDLE, an autographed ARC of THE MATCHMAKER and a "grab bag of yarn"

Terese Ramin also blogs at The Lip Service Gang where they hold a monthly contest.

Elizabeth Boyle is donating a signed book and a skein of something gorgeous.

Laura Phillips is supplying the Grand Prize winner with an assortment of her back titles and something wonderfully knitterly.

There's more to come. I'm sure there will be some changes, some additions, and I promise to take a picture of the fabulous sock yarns waiting for the 5 other winners.

Now I'm going back to work.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: ENTER THE CONTEST! You can click on the blue button marked CONTEST at the top of your screen or click right here. Just put CONTEST in the Subject line and click send. We'll do the rest.

Good luck!

Barbara

16 Comments:

Blogger Carol M said...

Wendy said it all! WOW!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture of Liam is in a word yummy.

What a nice thing to be thinking about at 4:00 in the monring

8:48 AM  
Blogger Redford Phyl said...

Liam .... Goodies.... Liam.....Goodies

Decisions, decisions, decisions. They are both so marvelous.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow. I'm really hoping I win this one. I've never won any blog contests I've entered. This one,though...

All the items in the Grand Prize are special, but one in particular means a lot to me. I actually have a Noro Kureyon project in progress, a felted bag. My main color is #40. And I need more of it.

See, this prize is meant for me. ;)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I guess as a blog participant I can't enter our contest but, man, I'd like those prizes for myself.

Or Liam Neeson, of course. Barbara, I figure I could trade him for Pierece Brosnan.

11:32 AM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Trade? Why trade? Surely there's room in your office for both to stand quietly, awaiting that moment when you glance up for inspiration. ;>

12:14 PM  
Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

WoW what a lovely prizes.

Hugssss
Linda.H.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I'm starting to think we should knit Liam a pair of socks as a thank you for lending his presence to our site. (And maybe a scarf for his wife Natasha. You have to love a man who is man enough to love a smart and talented woman.) (Did that make sense? I still haven't slept.)

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by and good luck! I hope you'll make this one of your regular web stops. We promise to keep it interesting!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Like Nancy, I'm sorry I can't enter the contest. Oh, but it'll be so much fun for the eventual winner to have all those separate packages arriving via the mail. Good luck, everyone! And thanks for hanging with us.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Well, The Wendy, I just bought your book! Looking forward to reading it and knitting from it.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Do you think we could get Liam to finish my #*@*#& book?????

Noizemaker, I'm deeply moved by your charitable inclinations! (Even if I do think you just might have an ulterior motive!)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I am deeply moved by the humanitarian spirit of this group.

Maybe we should award Liam the Golden Sock for Creative Inspiration.

Or something like that.

4:24 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

I volunteer to deliver The Golden Sock of Inspiration.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Wow, we have a lot in common, I love men in kilts, Liam Neeson, and Pierce Brosnan! Especially, Liam........it's funny that last week I did a post on another blog I have, with a picture of him!
**(Star Wars Scene- where he has the prettiest hair!!!)**
I love your Blog, by the way!
Mica

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liam in a kilt YUM Now let's see Pierce in one and then we can really compare
Great prize I love to knit

2:33 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Alas and alack, Joye, I haven't been able to find a picture of Pierce in a kilt. However, I'll keep looking; it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home