Thursday, November 20, 2008

Goldisox and the Top Down Zip Front Sweater


A sighting in the wild of an actual knitted-gift recipient wearing said gift as he goes about his daily chores. Goldisox was outside raking leaves to the street before the Leaf Guys come along to suck them into this giant noisy truck that really seems, to my uneducated eye, much more of a carbon blight upon the land than some beautiful crunchy leaves but then what do I know. . .

Anyway, I looked out the window and saw him out there so I grabbed my camera and dashed outside to torture him with a photo shoot. "Work it, baby, work it!" (And this from yours truly who has hated the camera from birth and has been known to burst into tears when one is pointed in her direction.) I really should have flipped on the video and totally embarrassed him but I've been married for forty years and I know better.

It's not a terrific picture but I'm so excited to show you (after so long!) the Knitting Pure & Simple top down zip-front sweater in action and not hanging from a tree.

(I shouldn't have told him to zip it all the way up. Partially open would have been more pleasing aesthetically but it is what it is.)

There is absolutely no greater knitterly thrill than seeing something you made out there in the world!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitten With a Whiplash said...

It looks great! I've been tempted to make myself a jacket, and this definitely adds fuel to the fire.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two nice jobs ...
first the sweater and
second, catching him on camera

2:38 PM  
Blogger LisaB said...

I love the sweater! My hubby would look great in it too. Must find the pattern.

7:11 PM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Question: Is Knitting, Pure and Simple a book of patterns? Would like to look for it.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home