Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What's Next?








See my problem? Too many choices! The one thing I'm sure of is that this one's for me.
That said, I'm trying to zero in on my next project and am having trouble settling in on a pattern. Let me tell you what's what.
1. Oat Couture's West Side Raglan has had my attention for a year or more. Easy-peasy. Wearable. Maybe Rowan Denim? Or one of the stretchy Schachenmayer yarns I purchased from Elann at prices so good they bordered on obscene.
2. This is SELMA, a freebie from the Berroco site. I can easily picture it knitted up in Denim Silk from my stash.
3. See that man's top-down V-neck from Knitting Pure & Simple? Wouldn't that be slouchy and wearable and wonderful in Rowan Denim, all faded and soft and washed?
4. The pattern for the Lorna's Laces cardi is spectacular: top down and the only seaming is a tiny portion of the underarm. Which yarn??
5. I love love love this KP&S top-down cardi. I adore the seed stitch edging. I love the cord tie. I can see this in pure wool (not for me but I can see it) or some lovely silky blend. This is calling to me big time.
6. I purchased the Swing Top pattern at mecca (aka Patternworks) almost two years ago. I also purchased the Soy Silk (in turquoise) with which to make it. I still love both the pattern and the yarn but can't seem to motivate myself to do anything with either. Any suggestions?
See my dilemma? I'm not a fast knitter. This will be a major commitment of time. Not to mention the fact that, like Dallas and THE Wendy before me, I want to make a new "old" sweater. I want something instantly familiar, instantly comfortable, instantly a favorite.
Which one do you prefer? Any suggestions on yarn? Technique?
HELP!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I think #3, the Men's top down, sounds like it would fit the bill for instant comfort. That's exactly the type I was looking for. I'll have to go get this pattern! RIght now there are so many days when a slightly oversized comfortable sweater is what I'm looking in my closet for and can't find!! I don't know what to suggest for yarn except something really soft but durable! Anyway, that's what I would pick if I was choosing from your list!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I'm with Liz: the man's top down sounds perfect for what you want. I have a whole collection of men's V-neck sweaters (none of which I knitted I'm ashamed to say), in both cotton and cashmere, which I throw on all the time. They're comfortable and classic.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I have to vote for the Raglan Pullover (#1.) I've made three variations of a raglan pattern, and found them easy, in knitting (lots of soothing stockingette!) and shaping (read: very little!), yet the finished garment is both comfortable and flattering. I can pull them on over my pjs to get the kids onto the schoolbus, but also wear them with skirts and look pretty nice...
Enjoy the choosing process, and the whole sweater!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

I like the top down cardi!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the KP&S cardigan. It has a beautiful shape and looks like it could be dressed up or down. If this is a major time commitment for you, I would think versatility of style would be important. And yes, I am biased towards cardigans! I think I've just talked myself into this pattern now! Darn!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home