Wednesday, September 27, 2006

SOCK HOP SAMPLER

Yes, Stephen Colbert needs a pair of socks too. I have no idea how Mrs. Colbert feels about this.

If you're still thinking about the Sock Hop, what to knit, how to knit, why to knit, here are some links that might help:



BUY YARN:

Simply Sock Yarn

WEBS

Elann

Lisa Souza

Blue Moon Fiber Arts (Socks That Rock)


CAST ON:

THE Wendy's Provisional Crochet Cast-On (and more)

Knitty Magic Cast-On for Toe-Up Socks

Queen Kahuna's Aloha Cast-On

Turkist Cast-On

Knitting At Knoon Video Demos

Silver's Sock Class


TURN THE HEEL:

Mini Short Row Gusset and Heel Flap (scroll down)

THE Wendy's Sock Pattern (great heel instructions)


FINISH THE TOE:

Easier Kitchener

Round Toe

Sock Toe Chimneys

Do you have any great sock links to share?

6 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

Thanks for all the links, Barbara. I'm visiting each site to see what it is I need to know for the Sock Hop. As a sock knitter, I fear, I make a good writer. LOL!

7:44 PM  
Blogger LaurieKnits said...

I would be thrilled if someone could post a simpleton sock pattern to get a brand newbie sock knitter started ;) They all look so complicated but I desperately want to give it a shot.

8:29 PM  
Blogger LaurieKnits said...

Never mind, I had kids rushing me off the computer and didn't poke around enough. It looks like "Silver's Sock Class" may be just the thing for me. She says all I need to know is "cast on, knit & purl". That I can handle (I hope!) Thanks for all of the links.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Barbara, you promised me a hunk and you give me Stephen Colbert? I was SO looking forward to some eye candy and you've let me down!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I still have some hunks up my sleeve, Nancy! Stay tuned . . .

9:59 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Laurie, I'm glad one of the links has what you're looking for!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home