Friday, September 01, 2006

WINNERS! WINNERS! WINNERS!


Yes, that's Sean Connery. You didn't know he was once a bodybuilder, did you? He even finaled (I think) in the Mr. Universe contest. And here you thought Arnold was the only one. You gotta love a winner.

And we have winners this morning. I enlisted the aid of Goldisox* and through the marvels of modern technology six lucky reading knitters/knitting readers are about to have their dreams come true.

Our grand prize winner is

Suzanne Rovner!!!!!

Suzanne, your first box of goodies will be on its way as soon as you send me your address. I'll forward the information to the other RTY Bloggers and before long a stream of goodies will be flooding your mailbox. Congratulations!


Our 5 runners-up are:

Tammie Gunter

Louise Lucchetti

Jackie Hutcherson

Charlotte Sharp

Debra Schlekewy

I know I speak for all of the RTY Bloggers when I say THANK YOU for helping us launch Romancing The Yarn in such high style and hope you keep coming back often because this is only the beginning. We'll have more contests, more gorgeous guys, and a Sock Knitalong too. (We plan to start the knitalong on October 1st. Details to come.)

*How I chose the winners: We had 1246 unique entries. As the entries arrived, I jumbled their position in the list so it wouldn't be strictly chronological.


Last night, at five minutes after midnight EDT, Goldisox accessed Research Randomizer. According to their website, "This site is designed for researchers and students who want a quick way to generate random numbers or assign participants to experimental conditions."

We asked for six random numbers and were given 1235, 856, 982, 73, 100, 999 in that order.

Suzanne Rovner was #1235.

Thanks again to everyone for making our launch a success. Our goal is to have fun and keep you coming back for more.

I think we're on the right track!

Barbara

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Barbara, that is a truly scary photo. I'll never be able to look at Sean Connery quite the same way again.

What a clever Goldisox you have! My "random number generator" is my kids; they pick the winners for my website contest. There's nothing more random than a teenager!

Many congratulations to all our winners! Thanks so much for coming to our new blog!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Congratulations to all our winners! We hope you'll stay with us for future posts and new contests. ITM, enjoy your new books and goodies.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! I'm in the process of replying to the contest notification I received, but I just had to say thank you, first! You've made a dreary and rainy day a lot brighter! I love reading your blog...laughter truly is the best medicine! Once again...thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jamie Denton said...

Congratulations to all our winners!!

8:18 PM  
Blogger kim h said...

wtg winners

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home