Wednesday, August 30, 2006

CONTEST! CONTEST! CONTEST! Update and Intros

Yes, that's a young Sean Connery over there. Clearly I'll stop at nothing to keep your attention.

Although you owe me big time for not posting the beefcake (don't you love that word?) photo of (hold onto your double points) Fred MacMurray that I found on the increasingly frightening internet. (I may not sleep tonight.)

I also found a . . . powerful photo of Sir Sean that I'm holding in abeyance for when a little discipline is in order.

Okay. Let's get down to business. The contest ends in 24 hours and 26 minutes. I intend to post the names of the winners here by noon my time (EDT) on Friday September 1st, after notifying the six luckiest knitters on the planet by email.

Did you welcome Gloria Alvarez -- Glo -- to the Romancing The Yarn? Her first post is right beneath this one. Read it and drool at the thought of the wonderful original pot she's donating to the lucky Grand Prize winner, along with one of her terrific books.

And, while I'm asking rhetorical questions, did you notice the slight change in our sub-title? We've added two terrific knitting authors/writing knitters to our crew. Watch for Linda Wisdom's first post and Cindi Myers's debut. I'd tell you all about them but I'd rather they tell you themselves. They're both great writers and I know you'll love them.


Good night, Liam. You're still my Knitting Muse.

Barbara

8 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Yay, more great authors!

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying the picutes. I love Sean and Liam.

12:53 PM  
Blogger artemis9976 said...

Sean and Liam in the same post? I'm not sure I can handle that much excitement!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

THE Wendy and Jean: Wendy's book arrived at my house today. I plan to spend the weekend getting blisters on my nose as I read every word. All I can say at this point is, it looks like a terrific tool for this want-to-get-better knitter.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Jean, I think there are two Nicoles here! I'm the Penguin one and she's the dragon-thing one. We do have different profiles though. :-) Maybe I should change it to NicoleBlogHappy. :-)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

And oh, I have Jean's Marchand book here on my desk tbr. :-)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Heh! I missed that comment about the two Nicoles somehow. Yes, there are two of us. =) Why not? It's a good name.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, and now (just for confusion's sake, mind) I went and changed dragon pictures. =) Hope I don't confuse you too much.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home