Friday, September 08, 2006

SOCK HOP CONTEST AND KNITALONG!


Clearly this name-changing thing is getting out of hand. I mean, even Sean Bean is getting seriously ticked off at me.

Yes, the name of our contest and knitalong has changed again. No, I'm not crazy. Yes, we discovered that we had inadvertently duplicated Lolly's Socktoberfest Knitalong and Contest. Lolly has a great site and a wonderful contest, as many of you know, and even better she is as kind as she is talented. We think Lolly's Socktoberfest is The Socktoberfest.

Besides, what's in a name anyway? We're writers, aren't we? We can come up with a third name for our contest and knitalong. (And maybe a fourth and a fifth -- who knows??) Elizabeth Boyle came up with Sock Hop and we're all delighted with it and hope you are too. And just think: we won't even demand that you wear a ponytail and a poodle skirt!

It's still the same group of new and not-so-new knitters banding together to chart a course through the dark waters of Sock Land (the waters of Sock Land? It was late; I was tired; forgive me) and believe me, we need your steady hands on the tiller to see us through. (And no, I absolutely won't use any shipwreck analogies.)

More information in a few days as we begin to unravel the mystery of the knitalong and figure out how this whole thing works. Please, if you have suggestions on how to run this, feel free to add your comments. Yahoo! Groups? Comments only? Flickr for photos? We want to know.


And, for the love of all things fiber, let's knit this poor man something decent to wear.

Yes, that's Sir Sean Connery. The movie is ZARDOZ.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Barbara

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that picture of the guy in orange briefs is just, so . . . I had to laugh because he looks very much like someone at church. I'm going to have to work hard to erase this image from my mind before next Sunday.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Mrs. H said...

Well, I've seen it all now. Somewhere pigs are flying and hell is freezing over six feet thick. If someone had told me that my beloved Sean "THE James Bond" Connery could be both butt-ugly AND utterly ridiculous I would have scoffed heartily. Yet, here is the proof. This is also graphic proof that, no matter how sexy a man is, he can not successfully pull off wearing a diaper. It just kills the sex appeal somehow. Those boots have potential, though. ;-)

9:51 AM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Oh. My. There's one for the next hen party at my place, tequilla involved, of course. We should knit that man a large poncho to cover himself. He can keep the boots.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Yes, I am digging the boots, but the orange diaper (perfect description!) is really, really bad! But what a way to wake up!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Diapers, a bullet band, and thigh high leather boots. Hey, it works for me.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

That's THE funniest picture I've seen since ... well, since I can't remember when. Not only the diaper but the braid. A braid! Dyed black! On Sir Sean! AACCKK!!!

Oh, my, I may have to deny my Scots-Irish heritage until this photo disappears into the archives.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I'm wondering if a clan diaper would make a difference . . . you know, a nice tartan to go with the revolver.

This is why civilized people started knitting. There are some things we weren't meant to see.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Boyle said...

I think he just needs a new cozy . . . for his, er . . . a . . .tea pot. Maybe something in a nice boucle.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I can't believe Sir Sean hasn't burned the negatives for that photo. Poor man!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home