Tuesday, July 18, 2006

first felting project



Just a quick note to share a couple of pictures of my first-ever felting project, a Booga Bag, as I mentioned before, pattern courtesy of Fran Baker pointing me toward the freebie (thank you, Fran!), and my new love, bamboo needles. (Not that they'll replace my beloved dh anytime soon, but I really like the feel of them! Way less than him, of course, but...fun when he's not around.;))

I took these with my cameraphone, then emailed them to myself, so please bear with the photographer, but I hope you can see how it's actually formed a bottom and is rising now--yay!!

I'm using Lion Brand Wool Prints Ocean Blues, and Clover Takumi 10.5 circular and DP needles. Can't wait to see how the felting goes--wish me luck! (Of course, first I have to figure out this I-cord thing...) Then, if all works out, I've got some yummy Noro Kureyon to try next.

Of course, this does not address the already-mentioned cross-stitch Advent calendar that *was* first in line...I'm still working on it, I swear! Just got a little sidetracked by the purse fun.

Jean
www.jeanbrashear.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Jean, is that a counter I see dangling from the edge of your project? OMG, I had completely forgotten about those! My mother used to use one. I don't think I ever had anything complicated enough to require one but, boy, does that bring back memories. Beautiful colors in your Booga Bag!

11:19 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

My goodness, it IS a counter. I quit trying to use them because I kept forgetting to turn the little dial after each row and would end up recounting anyway. I'm such a flake sometimes.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home