Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh no! More socks . . .

No wonder you need a shoehorn to close Goldisox's top drawer: it's stuffed with socks!

This pair of Lion Brand Wool-Ease (Denim Blue) socks went into the rotation in early January and has probably been through the washer and dryer at least fifty times since then. Yes, they look a little scruffy but they've stayed soft and remain hole-free.


Nobody would call this boot sock pretty but according to Goldisox, you could wear this in a blizzard without shoes and your feet would stay warm. Pretty good endorsement, if you ask me. They were made from some tweedy Sirdar Highlander I had lying around. I think I used US5s over 40 or 44 stitches. I'd have to sit down and count to be sure. They've seen a whole lot of washer/dryer action too.



And this popped up in yesterday's mail. My editor sent along the first copy. First reaction? Elation. Second reaction? Terror. It's almost time to face the music . . .

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

well you could always send it to me and you can pretend it's not out. hehehe

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

SOOOOOO cannot wait! It looks so good! love the cover.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

The socks look like they're are holding up rather nicely. I can't wait for the new book!!!

11:07 PM  
Blogger rho said...

what is the pattern of those socks - I like them ;) a LOT

And can't wait for the book - have it pre-ordered

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home